Monday, February 22, 2010

Waddling to the supermarket.

There was a shortage of beer and salad in our apartment. So we put on our shoes and walked to the supermarket. So on the way there I found a comfortable walking position, a waddle. Almost like a woman who's about 6 months pregnant. It's an odd feeling and I described this to the hubby. He asked me how I was going to handle pregnancy if I found this so uncomfortable. I thought about this for a minute and realized that when you become pregnant it's a slow process, 9 months. You slowly start to grow out, yes it gets uncomfortable but it doesn't happen over night. Well, with IVF it happens over night literally. In the morning your able to tie your shoes and then 5 hours later your asking your husband to help because you can't bend over without sharp pain. So looking forward to the retrieval and be able to save my waddling days for the months ahead.
I took some pictures of the supermarket:

Look at the price of beer, the conversion is about 50 Czech crown = $3

All the beautiful bread, costs almost less then a US penny:

check out, beer, coke and salad. So American.

Walking back to our apartment, the view of our street.

Third floor is us!

In Czech when someone tells you they are on the 2nd floor of a building they are really on the 3rd floor. They consider what we call the 1st floor the ground floor. So when we first arrived and Barbora showed us the apartment she said we were on the 2nd floor. While walking up the stairs with her I noticed we keep walking and then one flight later we arrived, it's the little things like this that keep me so entertained. I love all the little differences between us. It's just different enough to be amusing and fun to figure out. I am just really enjoying myself, everything is fun and interesting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment