Thursday, July 22, 2010

Portland Bound.

So hubby and I are taking a road trip to Portland tomorrow. Leaving behind the dog and having our friend stay at the house. Portland is where the hubby's parents live and we haven't been there in a year or two. They keep coming up to see us so it's time for us to crash their pad. I am excited about this little weekend getaway. For three reasons:

1. My mother-in-law is an amazing cook and plans to make us plenty of food!! Plus she treats me like the princess I believe I am and this makes me very happy.

2. I was blessed with amazing and super smart in-laws. The four of us get into the most interesting conversations about everything. You have to bring your A game to keep up with these two.

3. Their house has air conditioning!!!

I am prepping the car for our trip tomorrow. So that means I need to update our ipod. Make sure we have a good playlist for our three hour drive. So I decided to put the speaker close to my belly and play some tunes for the baby. They say the baby can hear what's going on now. Most new moms play classical musical to their babies. Thinking this will somehow make their baby smarter. I believe David Bowie, Queen and Led Zeppelin will do more good for my baby. Cool baby vs. Smart baby. I mean come on, hubby wants to name the baby after a lead singer of a punk band. Did you really think I was going to play Mozart when we have Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra and Sammy to teach this baby the ways of cool.

Of course there is always the flip side of being cool. The hubby let me know the other day he fully plans on giving our baby a mohawk if it's a boy. But that's a whole other blog entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment