Monday, July 19, 2010

Bite of Seattle


Yesterday the hubby and I made our way to the Seattle center for Bite of Seattle. The Seattle Center is where the Space Needle, museums, Key Arena and all the tourist traps are located. Bite of Seattle is a very neat tradition. The whole event is free (except the food). Live music, art shows and comedy hours. About 80 food vendors, most of them local restaurants line up along the center and offer sample portions of their menu. So you can have one little taco and then skip over a vendor and have a crepe. All the while drinking mango lemonade. The event also has vendors that you would see at a state fair. You know, the good stuff.. funnel cake, elephant ears, cotton candy and so on. Basically a pregnant woman's dream. I was in heaven! It was a perfect Seattle day, 65 degrees and sunny and the air was filled with fried food and sweet treats.

The hubby was so eager to get me anything I could imagine. Last year we shared the most insane corn dog so that was top on our list this year. We also tried crepes, Korean tacos, roasted corn, ice cream and a couple more I can't think of right now. All in all it was a great day. We sun bathed under the needle and took our shoes off and walked in the grass near some statues. I felt super pregnant and got my first unsolicited comments about my belly. Which to me felt great. I know now I look pregnant enough for people to ask me when I am due. I am past the point where someone would be nervous to ask for fear I might just be fat. =)

Here are some pictures from our day:

Hubby and I below the Space Needle


Roasted corn, so silly to eat but so amazing


I thought black was slimming...


Lots of people in search of food


It was only 65 degrees but the sun was out and to a kid who lives in Seattle that's warm enough to get into the fountain.


Not a cloud in the sky.. perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment