Monday, October 4, 2010

*UPDATE* on pain.

While rereading my last post I was thinking about deleting it. But, I didn't. That's how I feel about my pain and if I come across as a baby, so be it. Because you know what, I am in pain and it's my blog. So.. there you go.

I went to the chiropractor this afternoon and it was odd to say the least. I honestly don't have a problem with people using a chiropractor. I have seen the benefits first hand with my Mom and little sister, Charlie. But they have problems that are worth seeing a chiropractor, they have horrible backs. The chiropractor who did my assessment told me, I have a fine back. It's my butt and hips and all those bones in between. But how in the world do you treat a pregnant lady? You can't do an x ray on her, she can't lay on her tummy while you feel her up and you can't really get a true reading on her problems because pregnancy causes a lot of problems that don't happen normally. Like, tension in your hips, well duh! your pregnant your carrying new and sudden weight. Plus, when my Mom and Charlie leave the office they feel relief, they always report feeling better. I left the office feeling more frustrated and in more pain then when I arrived. The chiropractor basically told me that he thinks I may of injured more then my tailbone when I fell and that from what he felt the muscles are so tense around my hips that they aren't allowing the proper movement there. He did these freaky leg movements, put me on a bed ( FACE DOWN, ummmm hello I am pregnant ) and used a little hand held device to tap on me.

I left still throwing a pity party for myself. "pity, table for one" I called my bff Karin, and complained to her. Of course, she listened, agreed and then told me to ask for drugs. I love her, she's a nurse and a mom already so her advice always makes me feel better and I feel more relaxed after speaking to her. I don't want to go the drug route, I would rather just go on a type of bed rest, like a no sitting thing first before we bring on the narcotics. But gotta love her for the suggestion.

I did get a call back from my doctor and she wants to try physical therapy. I was almost hoping she said regular therapy because I could almost use that more. Get over my pain in the butt fear of the pain in my butt. =) She also wants to do massage.

Alright, I can do this, like my Mom said.. it's only 6 more weeks. Buck up.

So here I am in my best Scarlet O'Hara voice:

"Tomorrow is another day"

No comments:

Post a Comment