Monday, November 8, 2010

The Final Countdown.

You know the epic and timeless song by Europe 'The Final Countdown'... come on don't act like you don't know what song I am talking about. If you need help remembering the song and how amazing the 80s hair bands were click on the below youtube video.

I think it's pretty obvious why this song would be running in my head. It's not the only one I seem to be replaying. 'Eye of the Tiger', 'Hungry like the Wolf' and the Rocky Theme play at random in my over active music brain.

I think these songs are also popular for marathon runners who need a little motivation at the last mile of their run. Get a little pop back into their groove.

I need these songs and other reminders that I am in the home stretch. And being in the home stretch I need to give myself more credit and really cherish the final moments of this pregnancy.

It hasn't really hit me that this pregnancy is almost over. I believe that it's my way of not getting to over emotional about the future. I need to put some sort of wall up and pretend to be blissfully unaware of the week ahead. Hubby and I still make lots of comments like "this time next week our world is going to change" or "I can't believe we are almost there" or we look at Darwin and give him advance apologies for the way this baby will change his life.

Could it be it's just to hard to really imagine... to really be aware that it's almost here. It's almost over and the same time just beginning. Can I really wrap my head around that? I can plan the birth to the day. I can stock pile the house with things we will need. I can precook and freeze meals. I can read books and talk all day about new mommy stuff. But can I really grasp that I will soon be using all those things?

No, I can't imagine it. Because no amount of getting the house ready, getting my body ready.. getting Darwin ready for that matter is going to even compare to what will really happen this time next week.

It's the final countdown... it's the eye of the tiger. It's the little engine that could. 'I think I can I think I can I think I can"

No comments:

Post a Comment