Sunday, November 7, 2010

Black is slimming.. right?!?

You ever wake up in the morning, get ready, check yourself out in the mirror and see this :
I swear the first thought that came to my head while doing the once over in the mirror was that I am starting to look like either Tweedle Dee or Tweedle Dumm. My body type is now this large mass in the middle with arms that hang to the side. This made me laugh.. so I decided to minimize the roundness and try a fashion trick. I put on my black yoga pants, black tank top and for a splash of color my grey cardigan. I came down the stairs to show the hubby and he said "wow, all black today"... then I reminded him that black is slimming and don't I look super thin?!? We both laughed and both agreed that I looked like a super model today, a super plus sized model.. but a model just the same.

Here's Darwin and I in our all black outfits having a lazy Sunday. 9 months pregnant with one week to go!



Had one of the best moments of my pregnancy so far last night. They say that fetal movement will go down a bit in the last month ( due to lack of space ) but you should still monitor it and make sure you feel the baby tossing and turning in there every once in awhile. Well, last night this little one was napping just a little to much for me and I hadn't felt much movement. I couldn't fall asleep because I was worried about the lack of movement so I went to hubby to see if he could feel anything. I get in the living room and lay on the floor and ask him to come over and place his hands on my belly. He did, but he also put his face right to the belly and started talking. The moment he said "baby, it's me" I felt this HUGE kick. Hubby stopped talking for a moment and we both looked at each other in amazement. Do it again, I said. He did and each time he spoke the baby would react. It was so magical. I don't think I will ever forget that. It's moments like that which help this final week seem SO WORTH IT. No matter how uncomfortable I am, to share that with hubby makes everything seems fantastic.

They say when the baby is born and it hears the voices of it's parents it will turn it's head to search for them. Hubby has such a deep voice that I know this baby will search the moment he/she hears him.

No comments:

Post a Comment