Saturday, March 6, 2010

There's No Place Like Home


Dorothy was right, there really is no place like home. My own bed, my dog, my couch, my local hamburger joint. And most importantly the hubby. After the 10 hour flight from Paris to Seattle I could barely form sentences. My wonderful Mom didn't take her long flight remedy of Ambien since I can't take anything and stayed up with me for the whole flight. I did get to watch 3 movies which I had not seen and are up for Oscars this Sunday so I was thrilled about that. But after hour 7 I felt like I was going mad. Stared to get a headache and of course I can't take anything to help it.. it was miserable!!! By the time the plane landed in Seattle I looked just like I felt. Hair was sticking up everywhere, make up all smudged off, left eye starting to get lazy.. just all around attractiveness. I now know why celebrities wear over sized sunglasses in the airport, because they look like crap without them!
When we got back to my house things didn't improve much for my mood or beauty. Mom being the superwoman she is looked unfazed and poised. She answered emails and took calls about her move to Florida while I laid on the couch trying to regain some since of "normal". Hubby came home and saw the need for food and walked to the local hamburger joint and got us food. Giving Mom just enough time to eat and head back to the airport for her 7pm flight to Boise. She really is an amazing woman, able to juggle so many things at once. And each person she is talking to she makes feel like they are the only thing on her mind. She can make an anxiousness flier calm by just a touch on the arm, or fears of the unknown okay with just the running of her fingers threw the hair. She can make a joke just at the right moment and accept when sometimes all you need is silence. She is my best friend but most importantly she is my Mom. It was so special to have her with me for part of the journey.

Right when Mom left for the airport I walked to my bedroom brushed my teeth and headed to bed at 5pm! I don't even remember hubby turning off the lights. I awoke at 2am and have been up ever since. Oh, this is going to be a long weekend trying to get my sleep pattern right.. but at least I am home.

No comments:

Post a Comment